Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Races...

Mileage Update:
Saturday (Rained All Day)
Sunday (Rained All Day)
Monday 3.3 miles
Tuesday 3 miles

Well, I am happy that the rain took a break last night and this morning long enough to get some miles in. I am really loving walking Luke, and I think next week I'll start running "regularly"... I don't plan to run every single day to begin with, my thought is to walk everyday (still 3 miles) and maybe two days a week add in some jogging (1-2 miles). I don't want to stress my body and I am still heavier now than I was pre-baby, so I do not want to kill my joints by trying to run too much. I would rather walk, lose some weight, tone up, get some muscle back, start lifting weights again, and gradually get back into decent cardiovascular shape.

I will say though, there is a half marathon right here in my own backyard pretty much towards the end of May... and I am highly considering doing it. Even if I walk/jog the entire thing... for some reason I just REALLY want to do it!!! *Okay, so I just looked it up, it is on Saturday May 21st (perfect, that way I can still go to Church on Sunday). I also just wrote out a training program to get me through the next four weeks until the race. Now, this will be a slow half marathon, I'm not going to be setting a PB or anything. I'll probably see how training goes and plan on doing something like run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute, or run a mile walk a quarter of a mile, or something of the sort. I will plan on taking Luke with me in the stroller... I will just make sure I feed him and change his diaper right before the race start that way he won't have to be in there forever needing a diaper change or anything. After a couple of weeks I should be able to predict my race time, hopefully I can do the race in about 2.5 hours. Not sure at all though!

Anyway, this weekend is the OKC Memorial Marathon... I am SO excited! Luke and I are doing the 5K!!! I can not wait! We will be going to the race expo (one of my favorite things!!!) on Saturday, and the race is on Sunday... I absolutely can't wait! Plus, it will be a great weekend to see some of my friends in the city that I don't get to see very often! WOOHOO!!!

Well, I'm gonna go clean things up in the house... Have a great day! <3 AJ


No comments:

Post a Comment