Monday, April 11, 2011

Loving the post-baby walks... While I was pregnant, I picked up a book called Run Like a Mother (I actually bought it when I was 14 weeks pregnant, in Denver running a half marathon), so while waiting in the airport on my way home I started reading it, and started crying during the first chapter!!! I don't think it was necessarily the pregnancy hormones, I think it was the way running makes me think about life and friendships. Of course at that point I had no idea how my workouts would change, or how I would no longer be able to play in a volleyball league, softball league, and basketball league, all at the same time... Even planning my race schedule is completely different now; I have to really consider the weather, the time, how far away it is, whether or not it's a good distance to push Luke through, etc. Anyway, I knew all along that I wanted to get back to running and working out as soon as possible post delivery. I didn't know that Fleet Feet would be starting the perfect program for me just two weeks out though! Last week was our first week of Strollin' Moms... So these were my distances for that: Tuesday 1.96 miles, Thursday 2.39 miles. I borrowed someone's stroller for that, but then Luke's stroller came in so Saturday we did 1.5 miles, Sunday 3 miles, and Monday 3 miles... I absolutely love our stroller time together! I hope in the future he will come to love exercise, fitness, sports, etc. For now, I think the best way to get him to enjoy those things is to show him how much I enjoy them. I hope I can always be a good example to him in so many things in life, but leading a healthy lifestyle is definitely one of the most important to me!

This Saturday Luke and I have our first 5K (in Claremore, OK) Will Rogers Memorial 5K. I have done this 5K before, and it's a pretty nice course it goes through a nature preserve, so I'm sure I'll have to snap a picture or two on my phone (especially since we aren't trying to set any personal bests quite yet!). Also, we are registered for the OKC Memorial Marathon 5K on Sunday May 1st! I'm so excited about that race in particular because we are going to the race expo on Saturday, and Berry will be meeting us in the city to spend the night downtown, so it will also be our first family night away from home with our little Luke!!

Anyway, I am really excited about all of the exciting things coming up. I have about 5 more weeks of maternity leave, so I plan to use it wisely and soak up every minute with this amazing gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment